Vitabyte offers an excellent opportunity for motivated and skilled technicians around the NYC area. Our Field Technicians provide on-site field support to customers in the food service and retail industries, performing cabling, installation, repairs, upgrades and maintenance of Point-of-Sale (POS) hardware and software.
The position also involves being a liaison with new clients and training staff on operating POS software. The job requires some travel and occasionally night and weekend work. Training will be provided for all positions however, technical skills are a must.
● Advanced Knowledge of PC’s (Hardware and Software)
● Experience with and the ability to install and troubleshoot operating systems such as : Windows, IOS and Android
● Knowledge of Networking Hardware and Wiring
● Excellent oral and written communication skills with superior problem-solving and analytical expertise
● Good communication and excellent customer service skills, “customer friendly” attitude
● Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changes in project priorities
● Detail-oriented with ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
● Outstanding interpersonal skills and great team player
● Company Provided Vehicle, Candidate must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record
● Prior experience in Merchant Services, Electronic Payment Industry or with a leading POS/ Software would be a major plus
● Prior history and experience working in restaurant/ bar hospitality industry would be helpful
● Associates degree or 2 yrs work experience in IT support related field required
B.A. in Computer sciences
A+, N+, Cisco.
VITABYTE is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.